Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Día de los Difuntos

Sorry I've been neglecting this blog a bit (though that is what I promised...) but I've been super busy blah blah blah. Anyhow, I'm back and I've got a super ton of pics to prove I'm still here. 

While Halloween isn't much of a thing here, the first two days of November are a big national holiday, businesses and schools closed, etc. It's nothing like the party in Mexico, but folks do head out to the cemeteries and clean up their relatives graves and bring flowers, etc. So we went to the Cemeterio del los Ilustres near the centro in San Salvador to have a look around. 







This is Schafik Handal's grave, beloved  FMLN comandante, 2004 presidential candidate, known for his unshakable integrity, Paul Raymond look-alike 





This is me enjoying a delicious treat--no worries, they cut out the flesh after so you can eat it 


Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment